Saturday, August 9, 2008

Getting Started...


Just thought I'd start my new blogging experience by thanking my friends and coworkers for giving me the idea. Hopefully this will be a good way to keep family and friends updated on the new additions in our lives!


I'm 15 weeks, 4 days now, and our little twinkies are growing quite well. A little more height could prove to be beneficial right now - I don't have much room to fit them in there, so they're apparently going straight out! That's okay, they'll find a way to fit. I'm still battling with my nausea enemy, and my poor husband is getting used to me gagging out of nowhere and running to the bathroom. Good thing for my zofran medication. Hopefully it'll pass soon, but if not, we're still so incredibly thankful for these little babies. We'll find out their genders in a couple weeks!


We're very busy remodeling our house. I'm not sure if the remodeling projects will ever end....we have some big dreams for this house! Rich is so handy and sometimes surprises me that he knows how to do all of this stuff - must be the good ol' midwest upbringing and guidance from his dad. The major project at the time is a bathroom remodel. Soon my belly won't fit into the tiny shower in the other bathroom we've been using (seriously!). We can't wait for everyone to visit!


I'm back to work as a nurse/charge nurse in Labor and Delivery. It feels great to get back into my normal routine, but spending 12 hours on my feet is a little nerve-wracking. There are times that it gets so busy that you don't have time to eat or pee all day...but I can't do that anymore. I can barely go 2 hours without needing a little snack or I'll be throwing up. I know my limits, and these babies are more important than the world itself. I'll do the best I can at work, for as long as I can. But it's more important to keep them inside for as long as I can!


I've included a belly-shot of the twins at 14 weeks and another of our house - I'll try to keep them coming. Enjoy watching our growth!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Yeah! I can't wait to watch your belly grow!

Congratulations and we can't wait to see you again!

Love,
The Schaefer's