Tuesday, August 26, 2008

One Boy....One Girl

Baby Boy on top, Baby Girl on bottom

3-D Picture of Baby Girl..with her hands by her face


One perfect little boy, one perfect little girl...




Before reading on, scroll down to the bottom of the page to our music selection. Then click on the song by Collin Raye. Listen carefully, all the way through to the end of the song. (I know I know, not everyone likes country music, but just listen to it anyway).




Rich and I met 12 years ago as freshman in college, and my cousin and best friend in the world Heather was my room-mate at the time. Heather had this CD, and we used to play it over and over and over again, and I liked to call it 'mine and Rich's song.' Rich and I had an instant connection, even though we were only 18 years old. And I was such a dreamer.... Rich and I grew together over the years, and eventually Heather was by my side as I crossed a bridge to marry the man of my dreams. During our wedding reception, she surprised us with a movie of pictures of Rich and I...and one of the songs it played to was One Boy, One Girl. Perfect.




Rich and I have always shared many hopes and aspirations with each other, and one of them was to have children and raise a family. We had many crossroads along that path, and Heather was by our side to keep us strong and focused on our dreams...to help us cross our bridges. I cannot thank her enough for being such an important person in our lives.




Little did I know how much this song would mean to me 12 years later. To this very day, my heart still beats wildly for my husband, the best husband in the world. And it is so amazing that I now have two hearts beating wildly inside of my belly....one boy, one girl.





No comments: