Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Good Times, Good Friends






Our good friend Heidi was visiting from Wisconsin over the long holiday weekend. We had such a great time and it was so good to see her and show her our new house and my newly expanding wasteline.

Rich is cousins of Heidi's cousin (confusing, I know) and has known her since preschool. Almost like family, but sharing no blood. I officially met Heidi about 4 years ago when she moved to San Diego. It was one of those friendships that you didn't see coming. She has become one of the closest friends in my life, and has remained that way even with moving back to Wisconsin to the cranberry marsh 2 years ago. Being a twin herself, she is so excited for us and for our twins. She is definitely part of our 'family' now, and I just know that 'auntie Heidi' will be part of our lives forever.

Update on the babies: I'm feeling great and the babies are moving more and more each day. Rich tries to feel them when they're the most active, but they still seem a little shy to give their dad's hand a good kick. Soon enough! I can distinctively tell who is who in there, and since our little girl is a bit bigger at this point, I can feel her the most. He occupies the 'bottom bunk' and she occupies the 'top bunk.' We have an appointment with my OB-doctor this Friday, and another appointment with the perinatologist next Tuesday. They're growing quite well in there, as evidenced by the pictures I'll post of our fun weekend with Heidi...

No comments: