Monday, October 20, 2008

Baby Shower, Friends, and Fresh Air!


Adorable Cake!


The girls are quite serious with this game!


Opening gifts from my lounge chair...doctor's orders



Love the ballons!


So many wonderful gifts!


The babies' cribs!

This was a great weekend! Saturday our friends Jen and James came over to help Rich put the cribs together. We are very pleased with them and I can't wait to get the rest of their bedding to see the finished product! We'll have to recruit another friend to help Rich rearrange the furniture in the nursery since they're a bit bigger than we first imagined. They are lifetime cribs, so they will convert into toddler beds and then eventually into twin beds. I find myself wanting to sneak peeks at the cribs at any chance I'm up on my feet.

Sunday was my baby shower! Dayna did an amazing job at planning and organizing everything, and the decorations were adorable. I followed doctor's orders and made sure to stay put in my lounge chair. Before all the guests arrived, I had a chance to reflect a little...I have waited for this day for quite some time and it was surreal to look around and know that it was all for me, all for my babies. It was my baby shower! I felt so incredibly lucky as my friends began to gather around. There haven't been very many 'easy' moments for us and this whole pregnancy thing, and I was reminded of that as I had a few contractions and took my terbutaline. But as I opened all of the wonderful gifts from my friends, I had this sense that these babies are going to be absolutely fine and they will be just as lucky as Rich and I are to have such great people in our lives.

After the shower, Rich loaded the presents into the Murano and I reclined back in the passenger's seat. I was a little sad to be going back to my bed, but something about being around my friends in the fresh air made me refreshed and ready to tackle a few more weeks of bedrest. We went through the drive-thru at In-N-Out for vanilla shakes, and then Rich drove me past a house down the road from ours that is decorated with huge spiders for Halloween. The little things that I take pleasure in these days...

No comments: