Monday, September 29, 2008

Could they be hiccups?


Nice catch, Rich!


Catamaran Cruise with Dayna and Charles


Watch out Brayden...he might steal your chainsaw!


Opening Gifts


Brayden's 1st Birthday Cake!



23 weeks, 3 days! And I think someone in there might be getting the hiccups...

For the past few days, I feel rythmic movements for a few minutes, and then it goes away. You can even watch my belly button rise and fall every few seconds. I know babies get hiccups all the time while in-utero, but it's amazing to feel them already at 23 1/2 weeks.

The babies are both doing well. Our little girl is now the smaller twin, and we will continue to keep an eye on their growth. For now, I'm still working on chowin' down as much as I can...the goal is two 5 pounders, and so far they're right around a pound each.

Last weekend we helped our friends Dayna and Charles celebrate their son Brayden's first birthday party. I was fortunate enough to take care of Dayna during her labor and delivery, and I was even the first person to physically touch him. I'm bummed that I'll still be on maternity leave when she delivers her next baby this March, but I'll make sure she's in good hands and I'm hoping to be there as a visitor this time. The weekend before that, the four of us went on a catamaran dinner cruise. Our financial advisor invited us on the cruise as a client appreciation gift.

Rich also got in his first lobster dive of the year last Sunday. He went with Michael, and they each came back with one good-sized lobster. Apparently there were tons of lobsters around, but none that were big enough to keep. One thing is for sure, you certainly would never find me down there grabbing for lobsters in the middle of the night! Crazy husband of mine...

I've had a few busy days at work lately, which my uterus hasn't been so appreciative of. Wednesday I found myself contracting every 5 minutes for awhile, and they even started to get a little uncomfortable. I had to sit down, put my feet up, and hydrate like crazy. They did eventually go away. But they were certainly a reminder that this 5'2" frame is under a lot of stress carrying twins, and I need to focus on what's best for them. If I plan on keeping them in there for the long haul, I must slow down.

And keep on eating....time for a snack!

No comments: